New Faces, More Voices
2013 New Faces More Voices Application Now Available
If you are a NCWO Member Organization, complete the Organization Form by Thursday, May 31.
If you are a student, please complete the Intern Application by Thursday, May 31.
New Faces, More Voices is a leadership training institute of the National Council of Women's Organizations (NCWO). Launched during summer 1999, the purpose of this program is to strengthen the women's movement by providing leadership training and skill building for interns of NCWO member organizations. As a complement to their internship policy work, this program provides NCWO member organization interns with the training they need to engage in effective advocacy and organizing around feminist social justice issues.
Through seminars and workshops, New Faces, More Voices fosters communication and collaboration among NCWO interns, feminist policymakers, and other organizations with compatible social and economic goals. Through generous funding from Lifetime Television and the Ms. Foundation, this unique opportunity for broad-based training and cross-generational dialogue provides interns with the skills they need for advocating for women's equity beyond their internships in Washington, D.C.
The New Faces, More Voices leadership training institute has three components:
• Feminist Leadership Training Program
• Feminist Networking and Mentoring
• Career Development
All sessions are held on Thursday afternoons from 3:00 PM- 5:00 PM with the exception of the Lobby Day.
Last Year's Schedule for Reference (topics will change due to student interest)
- June 9: How Washington Really Works: Debunking myths and networking tips
- June 16: Help on the Home Front: Effective Advocacy Strategies for Domestic Women’s Issues
- June 23: Exporting/Importing Revolutions: The Work of International Women’s Organizations
- June 30: Techniques that take you to the Top: Resume and Salary Negotiation Workshop
- July 7: Blind Justice? Women’s Issues in the Courts
- July 14: Women’s History in Three Acts: The Suffragists, the Feminists and Now
- July 21: Women in Tech and Social Media
How Women Lead and the Need for More Women Leaders
- July 28: Lobby Day on Campus SaVE
The New Faces, More Voices interns from the summer of 2012 would like to thank Sprinkles, Red Velvet Cupcakery, Krispy Kreme, Spring Mill Bakery, and The Sweet Lobby for their generous donations of baked goods throughout the sessions.