Domestic Priorities Taskforce
The Domestic Priorities Task Force is made up of representatives from NCWO member organizations working on domestic policies that affect women and families.
The Task Force is currently seeking chairs from NCWO member organizations.
ActivitiesThe Task Force engages in several activities including:
- Developing policy and legislative agendas on issues of concern to NCWO members
- Sponsoring Congressional briefings and events
- Providing information to individual members of Congress and their staff
- Acting as a clearinghouse on information and resources that relate to the NCWO Domestic Policy Agenda
- Distributing e-mail Action Alerts through NCWO.
The work of the Domestic Priorities Task Force is in support of NCWO's Policy Agenda. Key issues of concern to the Task Force are: workplace and economic equity, education and job training, affirmative action, tax equity, child care and early education, reproductive rights, Social Security, women's health, and violence against women.
The Task Force meets on the second Tuesday of each month from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m. All NCWO member organizations are welcome to participate.